DIY Window Cleaner

Searching the Internet for DIY cleaning supplies, you would believe that everything in your home can be cleaned with vinegar. In my experience, this is true a lot of the time, but not every clogged drain can be cleared with the old vinegar and baking soda trick.

One effective and dead-easy cleaning product you can make at home, though, is glass/mirror cleaner. A few good glugs of vinegar in a spray bottle of water cleans your windows and mirrors as well as any glass cleaner I've ever used. It also saves you a lot of wasteful plastic bottles.




Combine your homemade glass cleaner with a lint-free polishing cloth, and you have a relatively waste-free cleaning product. At this time I don't have a source for bulk vinegar, but since you can always buy it in a 5 litre jug, it at least falls under point #4 of my "Guidelines" above.

I acquired this fancy Norwex cloth at a silent auction fundraiser. I basically only use it for polishing glass and mirrors, and it does a great job. I suspect there are other cloths like it on the market. Before I got it I would use balled up newspapers to clean windows, which could have otherwise been recycled, so it's nice to have a good reusable option.

Do you make your own cleaning supplies? Leave a comment!

Comments

  1. This site is excellent and so is how the subject matter was explained. I also like some of the comments too. Looking forward to your next post..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the valuable information and insights you have so provided here...gutter cleaning Houston

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts