Ice Cream (Without the Wax Carton)

As you can tell from the picture below, I was half-way through this jar of ice cream before I realised it was blog material. When I bought it, I just picked it up on a whim because the Camp-fire S'More flavor was too enticing to resist.



Made by Marcus ice cream is locally made and, according to the jar, contains locally-sourced dairy and eggs. It is also packaged in a glass jar with a metal lid and a cardboard label. In the worst case, you could recycle the packaging in the city blue-bins, unlike the waxed cardboard that ice cream normally comes in.

When the ice cream became blog-worthy, though, was when I turned over the jar. In fine print, the jar informed me that it could be returned for reuse to Blush Lane Organic Market or Janice Beaton Fine Cheese.

Oh yeah, and this ice cream is THE BEST ICE CREAM I HAVE EVER HAD. I'm not exaggerating. I'm pretty sure this is the most delicious ice cream that has ever been made.

That being said, I feel obligated to warn you that it is expensive. $9 per jar expensive. You've been warned.

I bought this at Sunnyside Market in Kensington, but I have also seen it at the Bridgeland Market. Apparently it is also available at Farm Restaurant and Blush Lane Organic Market.

Have you tried Made by Marcus ice cream? Leave a comment!


Comments

Popular Posts