CSA - Weeks #9 and #10

We're in the last half of the CSA season now, and the deliveries are starting to get really interesting. I look forward to fresh tomatoes all year, so it was great when they started showing up in our share. I used my dehydrator to make some beet chips from the Week #9 delivery, and enjoyed weeks of veggies with hummus. I did make a huge batch of hummus at home to avoid the plastic containers from the store, but have since run out of chickpeas. I am planning to buy some more and canning them soon. For some reason I didn't get around to making any soups for these two weeks, but I did make some veggie stock out of various scraps, which I will post about next week.


Week #9:
Beets, peppers, lettuce, potatoes, carrots, cauliflower, kohlrabi, dill, tomatoes, flowers.


Week #10:
Lettuce, onions, garlic, peppers, tomatoes, carrots, celery, corn, and horseradish. There were also more flowers which missed out on picture day, but I assure you, they were very cute.


Loving my CSA. How about you? Leave a comment!

Comments

Popular Posts