Homemade Bathtub Scrub

Lately I have been struggling with an internal debate over what I should bother making myself, and what I should purchase pre-made. For example, since I can get package-free shampoo and conditioner, why would I spend the time to make it myself? I would still have to find all of the ingredients, which would likely come in some sort of packaging, and large manufacturers of products likely buy their bulk ingredients in larger packages than I would, saving overall packaging use. On the other hand, making things yourself can be fun, interesting, help you control ingredients, and save money. There's no right answer here.



For some things though, such as this bath tub scrub, I'm not aware of a bulk or package free alternative. Most soft scrubs or bathtub cleaners come in small bottles, and it's not something easy to buy in a refillable container. Luckily, it is made from easy-to-find ingredients which can be bought in bulk or large containers.



Bathtub Scrub
  • Baking soda
  • Castile Soap
  • Water
  • Vinegar


Once you mix all the ingredients together, it's best to store the scrub in a wide-mouth container or jar. In my experience, it will start off a little runny but will thicken up over time. I used to store it in a plastic squeeze bottle, but eventually it will no longer squeeze through the spout.

This recipe makes enough for me to keep one jar in each bathroom for easy access. It works great for cleaning the bath tub, shower, and bathroom sinks.

What cleaning supplies do you make yourself? Leave a comment!

Comments

Popular Posts