Plastic-free Dishwasher Tabs

Sometimes you have to draw a line when it comes to making things yourself. For me, the line is when the DIY product is overly complex, or doesn't work properly. The latter has been my experience so far in trying to make dishwasher detergent. My attempts have left my dishes dirty and/or filmy, and further research into other recipes has not been encouraging.

I have also had a tough time with boxed powder detergents. I found that they caked into the dispenser and never fell into the wash. It was a frustrating experience.




That said, I did manage to find a source of eco-friendly dishwasher tablets that are not individually wrapped in plastic. My new dishwasher detergent is Bio-Vert Automatic Dishwasher Tabs. These were another great find from Lukes Drug Mart in Bridgeland. So far I have had no issue with them. They are individually wrapped in a water-soluble film; I'm guessing this is so they don't break up into little tiny pieces. Unfortunately, they don't seem to be available in larger boxes. I will be sticking with them though, at least until I can find something in a larger quantity.

What do you use in your dishwasher? Leave a comment!

Comments

Popular Posts