Pinterest in Real Life: Can this Cookie Sheet be Saved?

As you may know, I recently roasted a Halloween pumpkin. What I didn't mention is that the process of roasting it pretty much destroyed my cookie sheet. It is an older pan that has seen better days, but comes in handy a lot, so I wasn't ready to say goodbye to it.

I have used a hydrogen peroxide/baking soda combination to clean my stove top for a long time. It pops up on Pinterest a lot but I wasn't sure if it was really tough enough to fix a pan treated this badly.


To make the paste, put some baking soda into a bowl. Then, very slowly, add hydrogen peroxide until it is just a spreadable paste. You don't want this to be too liquidy, so add the peroxide very slowly, mix, and then add more if needed.

Once mixed, coat the burned areas with the paste, and then leave it to sit.

If I am just using this to clean my stove, a few minutes is usually enough. For this job, I thought it would need longer so I left it for 15 or 20 minutes.

Afterwards, use a soft scrubber (I use loofah) to scrub the burned areas. This took a little more elbow grease than I would have liked, but eventually, I ended up with this:


 

Not bad, right? It's not magic, but it was almost back to the condition it was in before the pumpkin incident.

So, there it is, Pinterest in Real Life. I hope not to have to do this again, but if need be, I would use hydrogen peroxide and baking soda to rescue another burned sheet pan.

Have you used these two ingredients to clean anything? Leave a comment!

Comments

Popular Posts